On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 4:09 AM, Holger Schurig <holgerschu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can it be the case that "research" is a mostly a one-way road?

Most of the wireless papers I've read have been focused on redesigning
all of the perceived flaws in 802.11, which makes them somewhat
inapplicable to real life.  But I suppose the hope is that anything
interesting will eventually become some future annex.

At least some people are trying out stuff with actual hardware rather
than doing everything in OpNet.  If only the world were nothing but
AWGN :)

A fun read is Rob Pike's "Systems software research is irrelevant" rant.

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com