On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 11:30 -0700, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 8:40 AM, Maxim Levitsky <maximlevit...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> >> I don't see it merged yet.. I'm going to resend now but change
> >> the commit log a bit.
> >
> > Note that this patch is mostly a red herriring, because it is unlikely
> > that there are ath5k devices without 'Legacy' bit set.
> > The CONFIG_PCIE_ASPM alone is enough to fix the problem.
> > Thats why I didn't paid much attention to this patch.
>
> Not all linux distributions ship with CONFIG_PCIE_ASPM, so this is
> more of a stable fix which will be important for kernels below 2.6.36.

Without CONFIG_PCIE_ASPM, this patch does exactly nothing.

The original patch from Jussi Kivilinna, did contain some direct
register poking when CONFIG_PCIE_ASPM is disabled.

However we agreed that it isn't worth to do that but rather just enable
the CONFIG_PCIE_ASPM always.

Best regards,
Maxim Levitsky