On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 12:33 AM, Jonathan Guerin <jonat...@guerin.id.au> wrote:
>>> The ath5k STA/AP virtualization patch went in as well.  Any chance you
>>> could bisect to see what patch causes the problem?
>
> I'm not familiar with doing it, but one of my colleagues is. I'll try
> to apply just that one patch to the 2.6.35 branch and see if it still
> occurs.

One somewhat inefficient but easy way to bisect is to just try different
compat-wireless snapshots and find the earliest bad one.  That should at
least narrow it down to the guilty patchset.

Unfortunately, it may narrow it down to a few dozen unrelated patches
since they all tend to go in about the same time, but it may be a bit
less messy than git-based bisection.  I usually do git bisect myself
but you need to be careful to properly handle build breakages and such.

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com