On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 6:33 AM, Bruno Randolf <b...@einfach.org> wrote:
> So my question is: How can I find out, what [phy1] is so busy doing? Any ideas
> how to profile this?

/proc/interrupts shows lots of interrupts on phy1 line?  Is it shared irq?

What options did you try with oprofile?

You can try perf -- as long as you limit the functions you profile it should
have about the same overhead as oprofile.  But then you should get about the
same results with either; I just find perf to be a little better these days.

One thing I know of is that all the linear interpolation we do for setting
the power curves is pretty heavy cpu-wise and we do it on every reset.  There's
some low-hanging fruit there like precomputing the reciprocal of some
scaling factors instead of some divisions...

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com