Hi,

i'd list to ask the members of this list regarding the value rs->rs_rssi ath5k reports in the ath5k_receive_frame function.

I use a monitor node (its interface set to promiscuous mode) and i collect the rssi values (rs->rs_rssi) in a per packet basis (i' vemodified base.c).

I use an interferer (this is an IEEE 802.11 compatible node working in adjacent channels) and i monitor the rssi of the packets sent by an access point .

Whenever i work in IEEE 802.11a, i can see that RSSI (or SNR) drops when interferer is on.

However, whenever i work in IEEE 802.11g there are no SNR drops, although the interferer succesfully jams the channel.

I've repeated the experiments with ANI disablesd but still SNR does not drop in g.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Alex