On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 9:42 AM, Piotr Kaczorek
<piotrkaczo...@bluetrace.eu> wrote:
> Is there any known problem with BlackBerry phones?
> I've set up hotspot (ath5k + hostapd). Any device can connect to it and
> use it (SE P1i, few laptops, iPhone) except BlackBerry (Curve 8520)
> phone. It connects to Wifi but i cannot access any website (it displays
> can't find server message).
> Maybe it's an issue with power management

My guess is this.  Probably blackberry is going to sleep and missing
(or ath5k is not sending) the beacons along with all of the buffered
traffic.

> (http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.freebsd.current/110707)?
> A timeout?
> I have no idea where to look further for a solution.

Try to get a packet capture with a second device, and see if the AP
is sending when the station is in power save mode.

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com