On 08/03/2011 08:42 AM, Antonis Tsolomitis wrote:

> Yes I have tried this. It still is hardware blocked:
>
> Antonis.
>
> # rfkill list
> 0: phy0: Wireless LAN
>      Soft blocked: no
>      Hard blocked: yes
> # rfkill unblock all
> # rfkill list
> 0: phy0: Wireless LAN
>      Soft blocked: no
>      Hard blocked: yes

Actually, I have one card that works with rfkill disabled, but doesn't
work with rfkill enabled.  Just like your case, the device is "hard
blocked".  It is a miniPCI card (Valemount KXS30SG) installed in a
Mikrotik RB-14 adapter.  The problem with that adapter is that it
signals to the cards the WiFi should be disabled.  This can be fixed by
applying an isolating cover on the pin 13:

https://madwifi-project.org/wiki/UserDocs/MiniPCI

Obviously, something is wrong with ath5k.  If the device is "hard
blocked", how come it can be enabled by disabling "rfkill"?  We need to
change the logic here.  If the pin 13 can be overridden, it should be
treated like an input device, not as a hardware block.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin