Hello everyone,

I'm quite new on this list. As the subject shows I have configured the
ath5k driver to operate on 10 MHz bandwidth (check by spectrum
analyzer). With this setup the desired bitrates were halved indicated
by throughput measurements (iperf, netperf, etc.). I know that
dividing the bandwidth
by two results a /2 decreasing in maximum datarate but I thought that
the driver and/or the Atheros SoC can correct the properties
(obviously not). Of course doubling the desired rate can solve the
problem but the PLCP header will indicate the doubled rate which is
not a perfect way for me.
Has anybody experienced this kind of phenomenon?
I wonder if there is a simple way to tell the SoC and/or the driver to
work on 10 MHz bandwidth with e.g. 6Mbps and the outcome will match
the desired options.
I don't know exactly how the Atheros SoC works, what kind of
properties can be defined, for example the proper options for doubled
datarate for the 10 MHz bandwidth considering the correct PLCP
information in the signal field which indicates the correct bitrate
for 10 MHz (not the doubled).

Thank you.
Laszlo