Re: the Helen Keller Conspiracy

Hi,
I think a nine-year-old child can write at that level of thinking and perceiving.
I remember when I was in the third grade, we were told to write ten sentences containing the words bird, flower, trees, spring, and nature. I remember having written something like "The nightingales were sweetly singing on a beautiful tree, while welcoming the spring that awakens all the flowers from the long sleep of the coldly dark winter."
My close friend lost his father three weeks after he was born, and his family went through a very difficult situation. His family couldn't afford buying fancy toys for him, so his mum entertained my friend through books. He told me his mum had read him more than twenty books in a span of two years. So, when he enrolled at school by the age of six, he could speak fluently and new how to, for example, say the plural of words, or different tenses of verbs. He even told me of an example, where he had been asked by his teacher,: &qu ot;we have a mouse, but what about two?". All the pupils said "two mouses", while my friend frantically said, "No! We say two mice!"
So, I'm not surprised at all if she could write such a letter to that author.