Re: Marvel VS Capcom Infinite discussion thread

I'll be purchasing infinite once the price drops a little bit. I'm a (self proclaimed) god of UMVC3, and love MVC games in general. The roster's a bit light for my taste, but I'm fairly sure mechanic-wise the game seems pretty sound and should be loads of fun. I just can't afford the $60 right now.

Frankly, the thing that annoys me the most about infinite is the marketing surrounding it. They're alienating old school marvel fans like myself pretty severely. They pretty much said, "Nobody cares about the X Men. Nobody even knows who the X men are anymore. People who liked X Men characters will like Guardians characters just as much-- they're almost the same. mechanically" As a comic fan.. It's not just about the mechanics. It's about playing as the incredible hulk and knowing that, being the bad-ass hulk that you are, you can smash everything if you learn the mechanics of that character. It's half mechanics, half fan service. But that's another can of worms entirely lol. Long story short: i'm eagerly awaiting to play it, and I'll definitely be posting a guide myself once I have it.