Re: Games for Halloween.

There are the action games such as the gate and swamp as mentioned, also zompocalypse (a damb shame that the somethinelse games' aren't working since all of there's would've been perfect), though I believe that some of the other audio adventures such as blindside might still qualify (I do recall hearing of one about a haunted house but it doesn't have a db page yet).

then there is slender lost vision which was intended as horror, and of course good old shades of doom with many mutated nasties.

In terms of other things though, remember there is a lot by way of audio adventures and indeed textual adventures such as gamebooks.
In the first category is of course descent into madness, chillingham and a couple of others I've run across, while the second category includes many of the Cog and Hg titles from zombie exodus to the shadow horror, not to mention the most recent release.
There are also horror gamebooks over on the  fighting fantasy project, indeed hellfire I'd regard as one of the single nastiest things I've ever read, and while we're talking gamebooks, don't forget dead man walking over on chooseyourstory.

Lastly, of course there is a lot by way of browser games and muds and such, although I confess that most browser games which attempt vampires etc tend to devolve into stat management and one click pvp, though puppet nightmares is worth a look for it's awesomely disturbing story about evil dolls.

That is what occurs to me at the second but there is probably a lot more kicking  around, though interestingly enough nothing accept the Cog choice of the vampire games really vampire related that isn't just pure stat management which probably says something about vampires big_smile.