Re: Monthly chat November 2017

Actually concerts for me to, and an interesting weekend.
Last Saturday was the selston music festival, generally a competitive singing competition. Unfortunately the adjudicator this year was a right royal cow who obviously hated men, given that she marked myself and the other guy down hugely, didn't recognize the stuff we did do and even at one point told me off for singing a falsetto in corner of the sky,  when  falsetto is written in the bloody music (after all not even pavaroti could octave jump a long top D and sustain for four bars metso forte) So mildly pissed off at her, since while I don't mind not winning everything I do think she treated me very unfairly.
she also marked my lady well, but had a really strict definition of what was "opera" and told her off for performing "too dramatically"

Frankly she didn't seem to know what she was talking about, especially with anyone who wasn't a soprano and not singing strictly in style, I hope she's not there next year since the two previous adjudicators have been nice people and have  me some very good critiques.

On the other hand, on Sunday we managed to sort out my living room and unbox our fantasy figures, this is awesome, we also set up my snes and found the lead to my rowland r09 recorder so I can do  voice and maybe even a casting of the pod again, which is good.

Next week my lady and I are singing for a charity christmas do, so we're preparing a lot of music at the moment.
I've had a lot of fun gaming wise with several titles, I ran through flexible survival and sorted out how to actually survive and do some quests in the game, there is actually a lot there if you can get over the fairly extreme dodginess, though i need to try some muds and other games for the db again, not to mention sort out my new Iphone which will probably happen at christmas.

Book wise we've not finished kingdom of cages by Sarah Zettel, though i'm currently reading Dream songs volume one, a collection of the short stories of George R R Martin.
He writes science fiction really well, however he does seem to have a thing for rather grim endings and not nice things happening, which is odd since his style is absolutely beautiful.

Other than that, it's bloody cold,  miserable and definitely! winter over here, something my lady is certainly not a fan of at all big_smile.