Re: low batteries in electronics

I was going to say something else that happened to me, something quite funny, but I can't remember what it was. Oh, I heard that if you drop a battery on the ground, there were two ways you could tell if the battery was good or bad. If it didn't bounce, it's good. If it bounces, it's bad. I have connected two nine-volt batteries together. I tried doing some electrolysis to see if I could separate water and salt into different chambers, but you would need expensive equipment.
Now I am getting off-topic. Anyhow, I am thinking about those times I had a Walkman. The batteries would be new and sure enough, the tape sounded very high, not in a gross way but more in a subtle maner, and could be hard to tell if you didn't pay attention.