Re: Let's make an audio game engine!

@63
Frankly at this point I will probably end up just writing the thread explaining in detail why this can never, ever, ever happen short of someone having probably around half a million dollars minimum they'd be willing to invest in it and how even if it were it's not going to solve any of our problems really.  I can't even begin to say how sick I am of having someone or other come into these threads to talk, yet again, about how if only Unity were accessible it would make our lives so much better.  It.  Will.  Not.  If you want cross-platform desktop GUI stuff use WX, if you want cross platform mobile GUI stuff use React Native or Flutter.  But the entire perspective of Unity on how you should develop a game is actively hostile to blind devs even if the tooling were all amazingly perfect, being as a large amount of the point is that it's WYSIWYG for levels, and you're supposed to edit properties with dialogs and things instead of in code and move them around with the mouse and stuff, etc etc etc.

We can either all pine for Unity being accessible (and those who are often don't understand what unity actually is, they just see "sighted people make games fast with this") or we can solve the problems in front of us.  The resources needed to make Unity accessible to the point of being productive for us are literally greater than the resources required to just write a Unity clone for audiogames with graphics, several times over, and someone will have to fund the team in charge of it for the lifetime of Unity as a product, so unless you have that initial half a million dollars and a few hundred thousand a year beyond that to keep the people working on it employed and you actually want to spend that money on Unity instead of producing something like 10 or 20 audiogames with full voice acting and professionally written plots initially with an additional game or two every year thereafter, forget it and move on.