Re: Steam Summer Sale, any of these worth getting?

Hmm ... to be entirely honest, Alt-Frequencies does not have a whole lot replay value. I only spent a couple hours on it, to get both of the endings and all of the achievements. Its premise is odd but has potential, potential that then wasn't properly realized.

But even so, I don't think it's a waste of money. It did make me think a bit, and was the source of a few good laughs. Since it's currently discounted, I think it's pretty fair for the price.

A Blind Legend is similar. Linear storyline, with replayability value mostly added by the achievements, the harder difficulty and the ability to skip around among chapters to replay your favorite parts. Its combat system is nothing unique nowadays, but it was among the first ones to do it well. The story is a bit cliche, and the voice acting maybe of slightly lower quality than in Alt-Frequencies (and definitely less awesome than in Code 7), but the sound design is amazing.

Since ABL is also a phone game, and free on there, one could argue it's less worth buying. Playing on the phone is definitely more challenging. But it's 2,79 EUR right now, so I grabbed it anyway. At least on the computer I don't have to worry about running out of lives.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : seb7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : seb7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : seb7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ksapergia via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ksapergia via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ksapergia via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector