kjg Wrote:
> Even within the audiophile market, sound is not the only consideration,
>
> and looks, features and the cool factor still play a part.

I agree, to a certain degree.
In my opinion, the new look of the SB2 =is= cool. Minimal, with that
oh-so-chic bulbous-yet-tapered look. If I were to redesign it, I would
keep the small form-factor and basic shape, but improve the quality of
the materials used. Brushed aluminum with maple or beech accents? A
thicker fancier power cable (ideally attached to a better internal or
external PSU)... something braided and translucent? "Sexier" product
packaging?

IMHO Good design doesn't draw attention to itself. Really good design
is invisible.

Here's a wacky idea: what if the SB interface was capable of being
projected on a wall, with the unit itself hidden out of sight?

y.

--
Yannzola