Morning Ceejay,

English cricket didn't get where it is today without some remarkable
raindancing, well done that man.  Still pretty unsatisfactory result
all the same if it rains again tomorrow.

The house is 100 yrs old, semi built in Yorkshire stone with beams /
wooden floors so I hope wireless might work, I suppose I should go for
a wireless network for my laptop once it is replaced with one with a
card in it first.

Hi Triode, I postted over in the assylum at the same time as here as i
thought there might be two approaches ie getting the most out of the
card itself in my main system and using a SB2 and / or external DAC for
a second system.

>From your response it seems you are using an external DAC/SB2 in your
main system.  The question I suppose i still have is whether you would
use an external DAC if the card was in close proximity to your main
preamp?

This stated for me after reading about the DAC1 people are raving about
on a UK forum Pink Fish Media which i lurk in from time to time.

I was also happy with the RME compared to any CD player i have had,
largely i suppose because i never spent much on CD replay.  That said
it is blown into the weeds by my vinyl set up and i think there must be
more to get by tweaking or spending a bit more.....

All the best

Chris

--
Chris OH