On 9/7/05, occam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> A man walks into a doctor's office, and says to the doctor-
> "Doctor, when I do this with my arm, it really hurts."
> and proceeds to show his arm all the way up his....
> The Doctor looks at the contorted patient, ponders a moment, and says -
> "Well, have you considered not shoving up ALL the way?"
>
> Have you considered not shoving the volume up all the way?

Nice analogy :)

The problem is, there's nowhere near enough control with the low
volume ranges. On my Grado SR-80s driven directly from the headphone
jack, with some music, a volume level of 3 is a bit on the loud side
but 2 is too quiet. Sometimes I need to crank it up to 4 or 5 though.
If I could scale everything down (up?) by a factor of 5, it would be
much easier to find a happy medium.

- Jacob