PhilNYC Wrote:
> WS...congrats!  But I did notice that your signature still has the Linn
> Unidisk; are you still using that?  By many accounts, the Unidisk is
> better as a transport than the CD12.  And of course your beautiful
> EmmLabs DAC is also probably a lot better sounding than the CD12.

Hmm, EMM has a diff sound from the CD12. CD12 is still a tad bit more
'musical', or rather maybe the EMM just offers more 'resolution' and
details that the CD12 tends to 'smooth over'. But I am fine with
either. I think it boils down to personal preference. There really is
no absolute.

Unidisk... yes I do have it, but rarely use it. I do have some SACD
that I use the Unidisk with. CD performance on the Unidisk 1.1 is
so-so...SACD sounds very good, but ironically, I think DVDA sounds the
best. I also use it as my DVD Video player.

PhilNYC Wrote:
> FWIW, I'm finding that I like listening to music using my SB2 to feed my
> Dodson DA-218 DAC.  On critical listening (and in system demonstrations
> for potential customers, since I am an audio dealer), I will use my
> modified Sony S7700 transport because it does sound a little bit better
> than the SB2.  But it's damn close...and my S7700 has about $1300 worth
> of mods on it (more than the cost of my SB2 and eMac combined!)...

I have personally tried many transports vs the SB2. Honestly i think if
the RIP are perfect, there should be NO difference. The perfect
transport is to deliver the bits accurately. And once you are there,
you can't go 'beyond' that.

--
WSLam

WSLam
SB2 | Unidisk 1.1 | TacT RCS2.0s | EMM Labs DCC2 | Mark Levinson No.33H
'Photo of my Setup' (http://photos.lam.ws/thumbnails.php?album=62)