PhilNYC said the following on 12/09/2005 16:42:
WSLam Wrote:
I have personally tried many transports vs the SB2. Honestly i think if
the RIP are perfect, there should be NO difference. The perfect
transport is to deliver the bits accurately. And once you are there,
you can't go 'beyond' that.

Obviously, this is one of those topics that always stirs up some
controversy...but I am one of those guys who believes that jitter can
make a significant impact on sound quality (especially when dealing
with the level of equipment that you own); and that things like digital
cables (needing to be true 75ohms and BNC-terminated on the DAC-side)
and transports can make a big difference.

To be fair, WSLam said "The perfect transport is to deliver the bits accurately. And once you are there, you can't go 'beyond' that."

I read this as meaning that the bits were delivered "accurately" as in zero or low jitter.

R.
--
http://robinbowes.com

If a man speaks in a forest,