This is probably rather off-topic, but here goes:

The home-theater system that came with a new tv recently purchased,
can't seem to drive my in-wall speakers.  Presumably because my
speakers are 8 ohm, while the speakers on the theater system are all 3
ohms.

As it turns out, the dvd-player part is too big (it's a silly 5-disk
changer) to fit in the cabinet available anyways, so it's got to go.

My dilemma is that my wife is irate because:
1) She really wants surround-sound (it did sound very nice with the
speakers it came with)
and
2) there's a pair of now-useless speakers in the wall (had planned on
them being the "rear" two speakers).

If I was to buy a regular 5.1 receiver, do I need to make sure that it,
or any dvd player connected to it, has anything other than the usual rca
component cords?

Dunno if any of that makes any sense, but thought I'd ask for a little
education from y'all here!

--
Maditude