seanadams Wrote:
> My experience has generally been the opposite - I have some beat up CDs
> that won't play at all on any CD player, but they sound fine with maybe
> some tiny clicks when ripped.

I should mention that the ripping took an EXTREMELY long time compared
to a clean CD - several hours. This was done a long time ago using
cdparanoia and a plextor drive.  cdparanoia doesn't seem to be so
popular these days but it did a fine job for me in recovering some CDs
that had become otherwise useless.

Also, any opinions as to whether plextor drives are really that much
better than the others these days? They earned a good reputation early
on, but AFAICT all CD drives are now equally good at ripping.

--
seanadams