On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 16:02 -0700, ceejay wrote:
> One way of testing this theory (other than another router or WAP!)
> might be to temporarily force transcoding to a low bit rate MP3 (dare I
> say that in an "audiophile" board ?!)

Of course, as a test, some audiophiles even use solid state amps.

The other obvious test is to drag an ethernet cable from the server
up to the SqueezeBox. Preferably while the SO is out shopping
as even temp cable dragging can make the WAF go into unacceptable
ranges.

Another easy test is to decompress the FLAC into wav files and
play them. I would not expect it to work, but it can
help problem isolation.

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html