pfarrell Wrote:
> I believe, just IMHO etc., that if you can use wire,
> you should use wire. I had to drag maybe 40 feet of cat5
> from my lan switches to my main stereo room, but I think
> it was worth it. For 6", I'd do it.
>
> If nothing else, you can try it and see if it makes any difference.

I wonder if these people who say "I cannot put cable" would be
networking with cable now if wireless wasn't prime-time?  In most cases
any expense saved by not buying cable is lost again paying more for a
wireless router.

Not having to spend an hour laying down the cable is probably lost +
more messing around with wireless setting (you only have to see these
forums).

Your partner might be happier that you haven't put any wires around her
house, but then gets fed up when the connection breaks.

Wired is faster too, which again saves time and makes multiplayer
gaming etc... better.

Yes we all walk around the garden with our laptop seeing how far it
will work, it was fun for 1 or 2 days reading a online newspaper on the
toilet but other than in airports, airplanes, public places is wireless
really that useful for most people?  Is it really comfortable not using
a laptop at a desk?

The worst point is if the whole wireless craze hadn't started every new
home would probably be built nowdays with just as many network sockets
as plug sockets wired for 1000mbps.

--
Jim