Vinnie R. Wrote:
> The advantages of using the PCM1748KE dac are:
> -- 6dB improved SNR
> -- 6dB improved Dynamic Range
> -- Improved THD and channel separation specs (I don't remember the
> figures off the top of my head).
>
> Whether or not you will hear the improvement depends on your system,
> hearing, etc.  I trust my ears and my customers really like what they
> hear from their modded squeezeboxes, so that is all that counts to me.
Do you have measurements to support that the improvements are realized
in the SB circuit?  Seems like a trivial task to validate.  As you
probably know, those manufacturer specs mean nothing without context
and don't imply that they will be realized in every application.

Vinnie R. Wrote:
> Regarding the Toshiba 3390, I am not familiar with this model (do you
> mean, 3950, 3960, 3980?).
It's a 3950.

Vinnie R. Wrote:
> As far as converting to battery power, your statement that properly
> engineered AC power is far better is simply false.
Whatever.

--
mac