In 99.9999% of cases you won't lose anything, so in theory it will still
be lossless.   But then it's jumbled up lossless which on studio albums
won't matter so much as most tracks start/end with silence.  But on a
live album you'll have a nanosecond of the applause at the start of the
next track etc.....  When dealing with lossless nanoseconds are
important!

I've thought sometimes to go through a few of the popular CD's and
produce a list of fingerprints of the tracks (FLACs) so another user
could do the same to ensure correct offset.

One stage further than this could be fingerprinting the file 2000 times
with a "fake" -1000 to +1000 offset (I chose these numbers cause I don't
think offsets get any bigger).  User could then see exactly what there
offset needs to be without relying on EAC's old & mysterious internal
checking.

--
Jim