On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 11:05 -0800, Jim wrote:
> pfarrell Wrote:
> > Why did you post on the SlimDevices audiophile list/forum?
> >
> It was a EAC question, should it have been posted on EAC's forum?

There is a slim-oriented ripping forum/list

Most of the slim devices forums/lists have a lot to do
with squeezeboxen, slimservers, etc. I personally
don't rip/extract/or compress CDs except
to play on my SqueezeBoxen.

> The original poster was finding issues that we've all had in not having
> CD's that the EAC author had.

Which is one of the good things that the AccurateRip folks are doing,
listing calibration CDs, values, etc.

> (the EAC author) Maybe if he posted the titles/serial
> numbers/barcodes of some of these CD's maybe someone else

Might be good, but I can't complain about a guy who writes
free software that is useful. Not perfect, but useful.
Why not write him, as it is unlikely that he reads
these SqueezeBox oriented lists.

> confident their EAC is set correctly and has ripped them could supply
> him with their FLAC fingerprints for checking.

Which gets into questions about what is set correctly, what does
that mean, etc. And the AccurateRip approach is one that
works for some people. Its free as well, so if one
is a Windows user, it is an option to consider.

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html