> Saying spdif optical is better than spdif coax because high speed
> telecoms uses optical makes as much sense as saying my 10 year old
> renault is going to be better than your 10 year old honda because
> renault won the F1 constructors title this year.
That's a pretty bad analogy (both Honda and Renault use the same basic
technology - the internal combustion engine, and what we're discussing
are two very different basic technologies), but I don't really want to
get into this discussion. I don't profess to be an expert in any of
these fields - I only got involved in this thread when I read the
statements about one conversion being "easier" than the other, which I
still consider to be rubbish. As to the actual merits of coax vs
toslink, I'll leave that discussion to the experts and those who
actually care :)

--
radish