tyler_durden Wrote:
> I think your numbers are off somewhere.  The specs page on the SB3
> hardware says it uses a 5VDC minimum 1A power supply.
>
> TD
>
> TD

The SB3 is rated at 1amp but the sticker on the supplied PSU says it is
rated at 2amp (5v) - presumably following the previously mentioned x2
rule. This is on a UK 240v unit.

As regards using a higher rated (current) supply it is not a problem as
long as the fuses are rated accordingly. I am using a 250ma fuse on the
mains side of my PSU which effectively limits what it can supply to the
SB3 even if it where to demand more - so no fried boards.

Has anyone put an occiloscope across the non-linear supply to see what
is coming out along with the 5v DC?

--
Heuer