That's the problem with this sort of thing.  Sometimes it is good,
sometimes it is no so good.  The Cassandra Wilson track sounded like
the voice is moved into a somewhat reverberant room.  It really depends
on how the recording is mic'd/mixed.

It is also very dependent on speaker placement, listener position, and
room acoustic treatment.  I found the best set-up was to have the rear
wall covered with a medium weight tapestry which prevents reflections
at higher frequencies, and the listener position several feet from any
walls.  Of couse, not many people have a room big enough to meet all
those criteria (I no longer do, either).

The C-9 has four possible settings.  I usd the "theoretical injection"
setting and "narrow aperture" setting to make the demos.  I think the
Behringer box gives some fine control over some of the parameters, but
there isn't going to be one setting that works for all music.  You will
want to be able to bypass the thing sometimes.

TD

--
tyler_durden