Pete

The PSU referred to is indeed a ready built unit, including
transformer, that only requires leads and a box (for safety reasons).
The product number on the RS Components site is: 173-1604 (HSB open
frame linear PSU,5V 15W). The site does not allow me to paste a direct
link so just enter the number into their search function - it is the
first on the list. Drill in further and you can get pdf copies of the
spec sheet, wiring instructions and product brochure.

This one seems to be almost exactly the same:
http://www.cascadesurplus.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/99/products_id/856
but at a fraction of the cost and in the US!

Not sure if I would recommend chopping the stock supply lead though,
just in case you want to swap back!

Regards

David

--