enca Wrote:

> I'd love to get this sounding at least as good as the CSA28.  I'm
> thinking of having a bash at Heuers power supply and adding a DAC.
> DACs are a new area for me do you, or anyone else, have any suggestions
> for something that would be suitable at up to the £1k mark (I'm based in
> the UK).

I think you mean the CDA266? Anyway, it's getting a lot closer with the
XDacV3 and upgarded PSU, but you can add a tube stage and power supply
to the XDac to improve it further. Once you do that though, you're
getting close to the price of a NuVista Dac, which is supposed to be
excellent. The XDac seems to be one of the favourites at the moment,
not sure of the popularity of others in the UK, although I guess you
could scan eBay for Meridian Dacs.

Paul

--
CardinalFang