Mark Lanctot Wrote:
> I love this statement:
>
> Bob Lee on AVSForum.com is a design engineer for
> QSC, and he has long stated that any piece of
> audio equipment whose performance can be
> noticeably changed by swapping out the power cord
> is incompetently designed.
>
> He's also said that if the engineer can't get the
> power supply right, there isn't a chance they got
> the far more complicated audio sections right.
> ___________________________________

Well, the power supply on both my Musical Fidelity and VAC Avatar are
among the most well designed, most regulated I've seen in over 20 years
of experience with hifi gear, and yet all of the exotic AC cables I've
tried made a significant, audible difference. The audio sections are
beyond reproach, with some of the best measured performance (for those
who follow measurements instead of their ears) and sound available at
their price levels. I don't think the aim of exotic power cords is to
correct deficiencies in the the power supply; rather, the aim is to
correct errors and anomolies in the AC circuits of the house.

I also don't think that an exotic power cord will have significant
effect on lesser-designed gear or typical AV home theater gear, no more
than a cold intake air filter would have a significant effect on a Buick
LeSabre.

--
davehg