results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=19817
Question: Should there be a new forum for photos?

- yes
- no
- maybe

Cleve Wrote:
> The Squeezebox is just a *slight* upgrade from the old Soundfeeder, ay?
> :)

Definitely!!!
The soundfeeder I used for relaying MP3s to my tuners. The Squeezebox's
lossless FLAC support is a completely different ballgame. Now here's a
true hi-fi audio source!

Cleve Wrote:
> I know you use vintage gear like I do - but beware the temptation to use
> Squeezebox's volume control, whilst cranking the
> receiver/pre-amp volume control.  See the various "white noise" threads
> for the reason that's a bad idea.  I'm only using the Digital outputs on
> my SB3 now because of a second occurence the other day.

I am using the analog outputs with full volume (40 on the display). I
regulate the volume at the receiver. No issues thus far. I think the
internal DAC and analog stage are very good for the price. They are
superior to a 1998 vintage Rega Planet I used to have. That player
retailed for $800 and it was Stereophile's component of the year, IIRC.

It's true, ripped music using FLAC sounds less "digital" to my ears.
Discs that used to be harsh sound so much better!

--
crooner