Thanks for posting some data, Sean. This obviously is not the whole
story, but it would indicate there is likely no difference between the
switcher and the linear supply.

I think I see the biggest problem with the switcher in the experimental
setup. It says "Made in China" on it. If it said "Made in California,
USA" we would all know it is a very high end switching power supply.
:o)

Gary's comments about the switcher possibly affecting other equipment
is true. I have personal, measurable evidence of switchmode power
supplies falling well withing the FCC Part 15 requirements for radiated
cabinet emissions, yet they still produce significant EMI interference
if brought close to a simple FM Broadcast radio receiver. But I still
doubt that it could somehow affect simple baseband audio quality,
especially when operated alongside the over-designed Audiophile
Amplifier that has a Power Supply with 160dB of its own Power Supply
Rejection.

--
Zten