pfarrell Wrote:
> Skunk wrote:
> > Some people must make a pretty good living selling those feet. I can
> > hardly imagine spending $400 for an interface between a table and cd
> > player, but people certainly do.
>
> It made a lot of sense back in the days of yore with turntables.
> It makes far less sense with a CP player, but audiophiles are
> not the most rational people. I can't imagine how a solid
> state device with no moving parts, like a SqueezeBox, would care,
> Maybe more so if you put the squeezebox on top of the speaker
> cabinet. But I can believe that someone will swear that it makes
> a huge difference.
>
> If there is any real science behind it, then just floating it
> on a tire tube or tennis ball is not going to help much.
> You need to dampen and absorbe the vibration energy, and a spring
> will just delay it. You really need something of a shock absorber.
> Or a mass sprung between two or more series of springs.
>
> --
> Pat
> http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html
Well, you could suspend it in a vat of viscous fluid, or better yet,
float it mid-air on magnets! You should also probably position an
aluminum foil pyramid over it to reduce interference from alien
sub-carrier frequencies (of course it will reduce your wireless signal
strength somewhat).

(If I keep this up, I'm going to get banned from this forum. All in
good fun, mates!)

--
jonheal

Jon Heal says: