Hi Jon,

The one change I would make is to eliminate the big loop that goes
"around the world" from pin 2 (op-amp output) to pin 6 (op-amp -in).
Just run a short wire between the two pins on the bottom side of the
board.

Another suggestion: get an 8-pin DIP socket for the op-amp so that you
can remove it.  That way you can replace it if it gets fried, or
experiment with other op-amp models if you feel like doing so.

By the way, did you know that I'm Robin's evil twin?  We both write the
same perl scripts and don't tell each other what we've done ;)

--
John Stimson