75R?  Do you mean 75 Ohm, or 75 Ohm right angle?

1) RCA connectors are used for SPDIF and composite or component video
in just about all consumer-grade A/V gear.  I would expect at least the
high-end units to use something else if the RCAs didn't work.  Plus,
you'd be able to see visible ringing on high-quality monitors (I can
easily spot a cheapo VGA cable used with a computer monitor).

2) It seems that there are several manufacturers of "75 Ohm" RCA
connectors (Canare, et al) who would be highly vulnerable to false
advertising suits if their product did not meet their published
specifications.

3) The closer an impedance anomaly is to the sender or receiver, the
less effect it will have.  Since the RCA connector is generally placed
very close to the sending or receiving circuit, that may provide the
answer to #1, but not to #2.

--
John Stimson