crooner Wrote:

> Still, I am not comfortable with something running this warm,,,,

If it's warm enough that it concerns you it's probably worth worrying
about. You should get one like mine and keep your same case. The Power
One HB3-5/OVP-A 5volt 3amp from Cascade Surplus Electronics [1] for
$2.50 is the deal of the century. (or, looks like you can get the whole
store for $25,000 [2]). They have only 161 units left, so you better
hurry : )

After checking into it at Tylers behest, I found the 3-5 is rated to 50
degrees celcius ambient case temp at max load (70 degrees celcius at 40%
load) before failure. I flipped the box upside down to kill ventilation
for a few hours today as a test, and it stayed almost as cool, so you'd
likely be ok with holes in the back and on bottom of your current case,
with a more reliable supply substituted. A thermometer would come in
handy for extra peace of mind.

Thanks for the compliment. It was meant to be a temporary solution,
partially to keep me from having to warn people that it could kill them
if they touch it. Mostly to keep ME from touching the damn thing while
it was running though. I couldn't resist guaging the temp of the
heatsink with my finger, a lot.

[1]http://www.cascadesurplus.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/99/products_id/856
[2]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7593643862

--