P Floding Wrote:
> Yes, I probably do. But so do many, many others, which was the point of
> my advice. Of course, it is easy to make yourself believe that coax
> sounds better since you know what jitter figures someone has measured,
> at some stage. (Figures which may or may not relate to the actual
> jitter figures that you are getting in your system.)
>
> I think most systems suffer from a variety of noise problems.
>
> P.S: Without knowing the nature of the jitter it is not really possible
> to say anything about the sonic effects of the jitter. Perhaps the
> TosLINK jitter is more benign -i.e uncorrelated to the music signal.

I've dealt with the noise issues in my digital system and use quality
AES/EBU digital innterconnects.

I don't know what the jitter levels are from my transports or
processor, but I do know AES/EBU cables sound much better than
bandwidth limited Toslinks.

In stock systems like yours, I'm sure Toslinks help.

--
mauidan