Phil,

I do agree without -- it is not about the price tag; it is about the
proper and thoughtful integration of the system and the system to
environment.

I've also put a great deal of time and effort into this.  The Harbeths
are just wonderul, neutral speakers.  I use treatments, RTA and FFT
room measurements, and equalization, amongst other things, to get it
"right" -- down to doing some math (well, 2nd grade math, I suppose) to
help my ears, measurements, etc., for speaker placement.

Yes, I can hear the differences, here more than there, sometimes, and
there  more than here, other times.  It does boil down to the "to me"
question, in the end, and, to me, my system is very satisfying and some
subtle issues bug me less than others.  A lot of these things are
downright subjective, after all.

--
highdudgeon