cliveb Wrote:
> Of course, as with anything, absolute perfection is impossible. But when
> I make a recording with no signal present, there is no 50Hz component
> (or harmonics thereof), which tells me that any ground loop that may be
> present is beneath the noise floor.
>

> So why not tell us what they are instead of making these cryptic
> remarks? I asked you that before, and suggested ground loops as one
> possibility. You seem to know about some others, but aren't letting on.

Quite frankly I prefer discussing these matters with people who haven't
made up their minds already. It is not all that enjoyable to "prove"
everything to agressive nay-sayers.

Since you know it all already, I think further discussion is pretty
much pointeless.

As we all know, CD is "perfect sound forever", and let's leave it at
that.

--
P Floding