highdudgeon Wrote:
> God, you really are a pain in the butt, aren't you?  I can't imagine
> what it must be like to be so angry and bored in life as to need to
> attack complete strangers on line.  I hope you don't behave this way in
> person.
>
> As stated elsewhere:
>
> Harbeth Monitor 40s ($9k, okay?) + ACI Force subs (relatively
> inexpensive and just wonderful); Carver Sunfire amp (a real dark
> horse); Bel Canto Pre2 preamp; Rane DEQ60L equalizer (with Fuzzmeasure
> software, Prenous Firexbox mic preamp, DBX RTA mic).  All cables by
> Blue Jeans Cables, which are a real bargain, and every bit as good as
> the AP Oval 9's and Acoustic Zen Satoris I've had.
>
> Assorted room treatments.  Custom stands to my specs by Skylan stands.
> Very careful positioning.  Etc., etc.
>
> Now, go out and get a girlfriend or something, and chill out.
>
> Oh: the Rane carried AKM chips and the digital stuff was engineering by
> Ray Miller.  Ray Miller did/does Wadia's digital stuff.
>
> The point is, if you're using the SB3 with a DAC that completely
> re-clocks the signal, it doesn't really matter what you're using as a
> transport.  Like I said, yes, there IS a difference, especially with
> some recordings and some genres. However, for most listening, the
> stand-alone SB3 is a little marvel.
>
> I'm happy.  I guess you're not. I feel sorry for people like you.

LOL!!!!!

"Harbeth Monitor 40s ($9k, okay?) + ACI Force subs (relatively
inexpensive and just wonderful); Carver Sunfire amp (a real dark
horse); Bel Canto Pre2 preamp; Rane DEQ60L equalizer (with Fuzzmeasure
software, Prenous Firexbox mic preamp, DBX RTA mic).  All cables by
Blue Jeans Cables, which are a real bargain, and every bit as good as
the AP Oval 9's and Acoustic Zen Satoris I've had."

Wow, again!!!!

George- Unlike I don't have to post statements like: "mastering studio
montors; they are very expensive and are regarded as some of the best
speakers anywhere, at any price," to demonstrate how great my system
is, or why other people think it's so great

You be well George, and keep buying everthing your hero REG says is
great. ;-)

--
mauidan