P Floding Wrote:
> I have high concentration isopropanol for cleaning capstan rolls and the
> like, but not for contact cleaning. It has water in it, so seems less
> than ideal.

I was just reading about the diy bob crump PC*, and someone at the end
suggested using alcohol for cleaning wire before soldering, so maybe
there is some use for it- even if not as a contact treatment.  Also, I
had never thought about it, but twisting bare wires together with your
fingers isn't such a great idea.

P Floding Wrote:
> Good luck with the cleaning, and let us know your findings!
Well unrelated to cleaning, I found a disconcertingly good article on
the quality of electrical power in buildings. A great read for
audiophiles, without being written by one:
http://www.copper.org/applications/electrical/pq/primer.html#sensitive

* http://www.audiotweaks.com/diy/bobcrump_pc/page01.htm

--
Skunk