When I wanted to upgade the power supply, I couldn't find a UK
recommendation. So I thought I'd let UK residents know that I've had
very good results with a cheap switched mode power supply from Maplins,
part code L45BL, 5V 4A SMPS, price £17.99.

currently at:
http://tinyurl.com/z6the

The difference is extraordinary. Even my die-hard vinyl audiophile
friend commented on how fantastic the system was sounding, when I
hadn't mentioned the change and the music was just on in background.
Detail and spatial resolution is stunning, and I've realised how muddy
it was sounding with the cheap power supply.

All credit to Maplin. I went to the Edgware Rd branch with a completely
different intention (involving putting something bespoke) and they
argued me out of it.

I would recommend this minor investment for everyone not just
audiophiles.

Julie

5v, 1.5A for $11.95

Looks like all it needs is the proper connector - what does the SB3
take, Size M?

I really would like to avoid spending $200 or having an open board in
my rack due to grandchild and cat concerns.

--
JulieL