Thanks for all the suggestions

As to how I listen - I listen in 2 different ways, background music
whilst having dinner etc, but also put a beanbag in the room at the
sweetspot for more in depth listening. Both are equally important

Interesting that the Aegis 3 is notorious for the boomy bass problem.
About the socks - there are ports in the front and rear, socks in each
or just rear? How far from the back wall is ideal?

The wardrobe is French by the way :) The treble is there, just not as
crisp as I would like, I dont think the speakers are broken. As to
levelling the speakers - the house is old and the floor is not level, I
suppose I could try and adjust the spikes to stabilise them a bit
better.

It seems a lot of people are suggesting moving the speakers around, I
will go and have a mess around try bringing them forward a bit, toe
them in etc

As for moving I just did that! I'm afraid a big garden and a good local
school took priority over audio fideilty!

Thanks

--
Butane Bob