P Floding Wrote:
> 1. Wasn't it you who said that that would be too small an effect to
> hear?
>
> 2. See above.

I said that for music, where the original waveforms are close to
symmetric, this effect would be too small to be audible.  I still think
this is the case, but if you have any suggestions for music tracks in
which the polarity reversal is audible I'd be curious to try it and
see.

> 3. What are you talking about? I thought you said there was no DC
> component at the speaker terminals?

Sorry, I don't understand your question.  There shouldn't be any DC
component, as I removed it from the waveform, but what does that have
to do with option 3?

Maybe I didn't explain 3) well - I meant that suppose if you plotted
the speaker cone displacement as a function of time, that plot would
look the same as the waveform I generated in Audacity.      So then the
difference would have to come from an asymmetric response of the air to
the motion of the cones.

--
opaqueice