I share your concern about portability of the Bolder/RWA upgrades, that
is one major reason I chose to do the digital only upgrade to the SB3
(cheap at $150), use my own separate DAC (an MF Tri-vista 21), and
spend the SB upgrade money on the Bolder PS, which should be portable
to the new SB4, if and when one comes out (it is portable to the SB2
and 3).

As far as the tube buffer goes, see my post above about the Tri-Vista.
Great, great DAC with the tubes in the output stage and with a killer
regulated interal PS, without the hassle/expense/loss of signal and
expense that may occur by having to add an extra set of RCA's.

--
davehg