avta Wrote:
> Hello Blah:
> Why an integrated? If you buy a good and not too expensive preamp and a
> reasonably priced amp you might end up with a better system.

I'm not sure the price/quality ratio is any better.  My understanding
is that integrateds tend to be cheaper than the equivalent pre/amp
combo.

You have a single chassis.  No interconnects.  You already know the pre
and amp section are well-matched.

And I already have a tube pre matched with SS amp in my Pathos Logos
(which, BTW, sounds fantastic with the 1.6QRs).

So I'd turn around and ask, "Why separates"?  The only advantage I can
see is that you can swap out one part without changing the other.  But
some of us like to buy gear and hold it rather than playing the musical
chairs game.

--
Mike Anderson

'FREE RADICAL