>From cusory examination the plug-in did not seem to offer sufficicent
precision (# of band of eq) or types of eq.

In contrast the DEQ9624 provides 31 band graphic eq, also parametric
eq, and shelving type filters. All have independent Left & right
processing. It also offers dynamics processing (compression, expansion,
gating, limiting) but these are not generally useful to me.

We toyed with the "spatial expansion" feature but found it pretty
useless.

As to the freq response I mentioned. All things are relative. By using
the adjustments on the back of the monitors, which being actively
powered have several controls, we were able to achieve something like
+/- 4db at the listening position. Is that perfect? No. But it's pretty
good compared to other situations that we've encountered. My point was
that it was flat enough that we didn't feel the purchase of the
borrowed eq was warranted.

Fred (owner of said eq) recently built a lovely pair of speakers from a
kit. He bought the eq to get a quantitative idea of their performance in
his listening room, and improve it if possible. His eq curves apply a
very different correction than that created for my room & gear.

My home office is a 400 sq ft space with vaulted ceiling, thin carpet
on the floor, lotsa drywall surfaces and two sets of french style patio
doors. Overly reflective I'd guess. My next project will be to install
some traps & absorbtive panels. Opening the french doors completely
changes the room as one entire side is approx 60% removed. Projection
of music into the yard is very nice. Low end reproduction is much
improved....at the cost of all the outside nose.

Michael

--
mgraves